Thursday, July 2, 2015

A brief but instructive hand

Player 5 here is a loose aggressive winning regular.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/14993976_6BE3DD49F9

My opponent opens from the SB and I defend in position getting 2:1 with an average holding.  My hand has some high card strength and a nut flush possibility but the dangling three is a liability. On the flop when my opponent checks it is likely that he has given up on the hand and surely he will fold more than the 33% of the time my half pot bet requires to show a profit.  It's also possible that AQ high is the best hand right now and I do have a gutshot as well. It's very dangerous in omaha to play weak holdings out of position and often the sensible play in that situation is to simply check and give up on the hand. In general you should be attacking when your opponent shows weakness, especially when heads up.


No comments:

Post a Comment